Cooperation with the Budapest Waterworks PLC (Fővárosi Vízművek Zrt.)
Our company engineers and technicians, as the network diagnostic measurement group of the Waterworks of Budapest, started the examination of the capital's water network in 1978.. The measurement team assisted the formation of local measuring groups, the selection of their instruments, instructed the use of water loss analysis method in several Hungarian waterworks.
Since 2014 AquAcust Kft. has been continuing its network diagnostics activities as a subsidiary of Budapest Waterworks Ltd.
Through our long-term co-operation agreement, we provide safe water supply to the capital city of Budapest and its agglomeration through our continuous water-loss measurement works and our efforts to detect hidden leaks and pipe breaks. We perform yearly 800 km of water network diagnostic tests.
Over the years, we examined approx. five times the drinking water network operated by the Budapest Waterworks, preventing a number of major pipe breaks, prolonged water shortages and water contamination.
We are grateful to our forerunners, founders, water network engineers and managers who recognized the importance of diagnostic measurements and helped to establish the measurement team, its work, and its success even in the most difficult conditions.
As a token of our respect - without being exhaustive - here are some of their names:
- Éva SOMOS, M.Sc. civil engineer, Leader of Network diagnostic group, Founder of Aquacust Ltd.
- Károly BECKER, M.Sc. civil engineer, Network operation department of Budapest Waterworks, honoured by János WEIN Award
- Miklós FROMMER, former Chief Engineer of Budapest Waterworks
- Péter ZIMMER, M.Sc. civil engineer, Network operation department of Budapest Waterworks, honoured by János WEIN Award
- Gyula GYULAFI, M.Sc. civil engineer, Leader of Network operation department of Budapest Waterworks
- Csaba VÁRSZEGI, former CTO of Budapest Waterworks
- Dr. Ferenc SZŐKE, former CEO of Budapest Waterworks
- Dr. Mária PAPP, former Board Member of Budapest Waterworks, former Secretay Geberal of the Hungarian Water Utility Association (MAVÍZ)
- Csaba HARANGHY, former CEO of Budapest Waterworks
- Géza CSÖRNYEI, COO of Budapest Waterworks
- Ferenc KESZLER, CEO of Budapest Waterworks